Messages for Single Adults:
Blind Spots . . .
Heartache May Be Closer Than It Appears
When you teach someone to drive a car, you always educate them about blind spots–large areas where objects cannot be seen. Yet, many of us aren’t aware of our relational spots when dating, so we overlook red flags. In this enlightening workshop, Georgia will help you:
- See the whole person without getting blind-sided by the qualities that attract you.
- Strengthen your ability to discern when a man or woman is trustworthy.
- Utilize godly counsel to see what it is you cannot see on your own.
Balancing the Craziness of Romance
with the Sanity of Reason
Most of us are romanced by the idea of romance. Falling in love is intoxicating. But how do we enjoy the moment, appreciate romance, and love without getting swept away by the myth that these euphoric feelings will last forever? Georgia equips you to make wise choices by enabling you to:
- Clarify what traits, such as faith, family, and honesty, are most important to you.
- Recognize what qualities are needed for healthy committed relationships.
- Assess with confidence the compatibility of those you date.
Confronting the “What ifs”:
Practical Strategies for the Challenges of Singleness
What if I never find someone to love me? What if I never have children? What if I get sick and can’t support myself? Our what ifs are often as unique as we are. Georgia provides valuable guidance to help singles explore their options and answer questions, such as “What will my life look like if I never get married?” In this session, you will learn to:
- Confront your relational fears to reduce feelings of neediness and desperation.
- Minimize doubts or anxieties that hinder your ability to connect with others.
- Experience a heightened sense of God’s comfort in spite of uncertainty.
It’s Time to Take Out the Trash:
How to Make a Clean Sweep of Those Toxic Emotions
Have you ever been so upset that you said or did something you regretted? All of us carry disappointment, fears, or unrealistic expectations that can pile up and eventually blow up. Georgia identifies practical strategies for “taking out the trash” before any pent-up emotions damage your health or your relationships. You will learn how to:
- Minimize the time you spend acting out your feelings.
- Lighten the burdens that come from destructive guilt, anger, and shame.
- Improve your ability to connect with others without the weight of emotional baggage.
- Boost your physical reserves and experience more peace and joy.
Cultivating a Caring Community
One of the mistaken beliefs about being single is the need to go it alone. Isolation, however, is downright dangerous. God created us to be in relationship, and we need people with whom to share our lives. Georgia’s message will help reduce your vulnerability to loneliness and empowers you to:
- Improve your emotional connections by recognizing your style of relating.
- Identify the emotional needs of others, so you can support them during difficult times.
- Minimize behaviors that create barriers in your closest relationships.
Growing Through Changes We Don’t Choose
How do you respond when you lose your job, face an unwanted move, or get your heart broken? Can painful experiences lead to positive change? In this session, you will learn to:
- Strengthen your ability to experience God’s peace when your dreams are shattered.
- Identify healthy stress relievers that enable you to ease the pain of loss.
- Heal from past hurts and enhance your ability to make a fresh start.
Living with Passion and Purpose
Many singles miss out on a fulfilling life, because they’re waiting for a spouse, a child, or a new home. But, you don’t have to put your life “on hold.” Imagine how much richer your life would be if you were able to:
- Confront the fears that prevent you moving outside your comfort zone.
- Confidently assess which risks are worth taking and which are not.
- Use your strengths, skills, and talent to enhance other people’s lives.
- Minimize time distracted to maximize time focused on God’s divine plan for you.
Suggested Themes for a Singles Retreat or Conference
Under each conference theme is a list of suggested sessions.
How NOT to Date a Loser
- Blind Spots… Heartache May Be Closer Than It Appears
- Balancing the Craziness of Romance with the Sanity of Reason
- Confronting the “What ifs” : Practical Strategies for the Challenges of Singleness
- Living Intentionally: Cultivating a Caring Community
- Living with Passion and Purpose
Unplug And Reconnect with God, Yourself, and Others
- Connecting with Self & Others . . . Cultivating Caring Relationships
- Breakdowns in Your Connections . . . What’s Causing Those Disconnects?
- Connect with Your God-Given Passions and Purpose
- Connecting with God